Saw on Today's Today that the F1 VP in charge of Singapore asked 10religious leaders to pray for safety. I didn't know Singapore has got so many religions to begin with=x But I'm more surprised that they actually did this kind of thing which many would consider superstitious. I'm not against it though, afterall it's better to believe than to doubt right? Oh well, I think not enough is been done to promote it in Singapore. It gives me the impression that Singapore isn't doing it for its citizens, more like for tourists revenue. Of course I know that's one of the objectives but I think that they have over emphasized it such that the locals don't even care if it's coming to Singapore at all. Not everyone is able to purchase the ticket in the first place because of the price. There are not much of like discounted tickets for Singapore citizens I believe, tell me if there is in the first place.
Well, Singapore hub this and that, I think they didn't really hub the citizens together with what they do until the citizens make noise. Note the Serangoon gardens incident recently. I'm not all against Singapore, sure it's a FINE country with good security, I just feel that many atimes, citizens woes are not really solved to the root cause. Look at Malaysia's PM, he personally took their monorail system and was unsatisfied and said, 'I'm not happy, we need to improve'. Imagine him coming to try and squeeze into our trains during peak hour, what would he say? But anyway, I doubt he can even get on one in the first place unless he has got the Singapore spirit - kiasu and stand infront of the door. My question is, did our PM or transport minister went to take a train during peak hour before? Of course, without pre-informing the train staffs etc. so that they would be unprepared and can provide the best scenario for whoever is experiencing it. My point is that, a good leader is able to bring the nation forward, but an excellent leader brings the nation forward with care and concern for the citizens. I must clarify that I'm not saying our leader don't care or be concerned about us k. Afterall, they adjusted the transport fees so that 4 out of 10 people will benefit=)
PS: Once again, please inform me of any offensive material, I'll duly remove it. Thanks.