mY PrOFilE

wINstON
18+
especially interested in Nature
blogging since '05

::links::




ARCHIVES
June 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
November 2009
May 2010
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
January 2014
Locations of visitors to this page

 

 

Friday, November 21, 2008

Ok, have been suppressing my urge to blog ever since the last post. But firstly, I'm blogging again! Yes I am. Ok, I'm going to talk about certain things which I have been recording on my handphone as notes. These are the topics: A's (obviously), cartoon, politics.

First of all, I just completed my disastrous A's today. Yes, I think I no need to speak more since most of you can infer from the word 'disastrous'. Anyway, shall break into subject by subject.

GP
What more can I say when I started the paper by choosing to do a wrong essay question which I have nothing much to write about and no examples at all? Compre was worse as I got most if not all the vocab wrong.
Expected grade: C or below

Maths
Why is this year's standard raised at least a bar higher?Because last year's was test water and this year is massacre? If that's the case I rather be part of the guinea pig batch. But yeah, this year's question wasn't that tough but it was strange. Perhaps Cambridge is trying very hard to be 'creative' in their questions. Perhaps perhaps perhaps. I was careless as well so not totally their fault. And my Agrade flew away to moon.
Expected grade: B/C

Physics
It was ok I guess because it's about the same standard as last year's. So I wont speak much.
Expected grade: B/C

Econs
What on earth is this subject about? Why on Earth do they set such papers to murder us (or me at least)? I feel so cheated and it makes my regret about not taking Geog deeper. It sucks, I'm sorry if you are someone who likes Econs, but it seriously sucks. Just look at how the economy is now, retrenchment and everything. Hello, if economists were that great in using the resources efficiently, we wont be experiencing something that is worse than the great depression? I still hate the (you-know-who) who implemented the *ahem* policy of contrasting subject. Why force people to study something which they have no interest in? After implementing it what did you do? You went on to beoome what suits you best, finance. (PS: I'm referring to the soft toy on my bed, not anyone in particular, you know what I meant). Why isn't there environmental studies in JC? Why only have it in Uni? Hello, without the environment supplying you the resources, you don't even need to think of how to achieve pareto optimality. All the stupid millions billions of dollars and notes are worthless in fact if your environment can no longer sustain your life. Notes can't feed your stomach, it's just the remains of a healthy tree being chopped down. Ok, enough about this irritating subject. You can guess how 'well' I did from my tone right? C'on, use your inference skills.
Expected grade: D or below

Computing
Paper 1 was ok, paper 2 make me feel like I studied for nothing. What's existence and presence check? I never even came across such a thing simply because our teacher never taught. (Not entirely his fault, neither am I blaming anyone). But the questions ask were very 'can do' but you just don't know what to write because they were strange questions. Can I say they are unorthodox? *haha* I had 15min left and I was hoping for it to pass faster today. Cause I just couldn't wait for this painful A's to end.
Expected grade: B/C


Politics
Just 2 irony which I want to point out. I'm sure if you follow the news, not too long ago, there is report that LTA lowering the maximum number of people for a MRT by 100. Guess what did SMRT do in response? They removed 84seats so that more people can be packed into the train. Yes, that's what they said, pack the passengers as much as possible. Do you think removing 84 seats lowers the maximum number of people on a train?or increase?Common sense will tell you the answer.

Next irony is that our gahmen was the first to advice against retrenchment yet the 'privatised' or 'corporatised' DBS bank started the retrenchment first. *hm*

Something more interesting, Australia has a new political party called the Australian Sex Party. They said, "If we can't beat them, join them". Cool isn't it? They are fighting for more sexual liberation I think.


Cartoon
Oh, you know? The Mr Men Show is back on (phuee phuee) okto! You know those cute characters like Mr Happy, Ms Sunshine, Ms Woops, Mr Bump etc. *haha* they are cute k, I've been watching every episode ever since it started on Monday with the exception of today's because of my afternoon paper. It's at 1.30pm Mondays to Fridays on (phuee phuee) okto!=)


Things to do from now:
-Kiddy stuff (watch mr men, fly kite, picnic)
-Teen stuff (pool, bowling, spend to help economy so to speak)
-Mature (look for a job, help with the housework and clean my house)
-Senior Citizen (Bus tour when I still have my concession)

I think this sums up what I have to blog for today, got more feelings and thoughts but I guess I lost them all right after today's paper. *woot* Oh wait, I want to thank my family especially my mum for buying back meals for me so that I can save time by not going out to eat and my sis for tolerating my late night studying because I can't study in the day. My dad for driving me to school on mornings and my bro for fixing his comp even though it's down again *lol*. My family has been quite supportive I would say. And of course the teachers who deserve my thanks, I shan't name and you should know the reason=). Thanks everyone, *haha* sound so cliche. But yeah, thx!=)


PS: I think I can work as a slogan consultant. Here's one for matchmaking company - "Get a life, get a wife"


mY FlyINg WoRLd 9:51 PM

***

tALk iT OUt