mY PrOFilE

wINstON
18+
especially interested in Nature
blogging since '05

::links::




ARCHIVES
June 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
November 2009
May 2010
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
January 2014
Locations of visitors to this page

 

 

Monday, December 22, 2008

What I'm posting is similar to what Austin have posted - soccer. Went to watch my first stadium soccer match yesterday partly because the tickets was cheap and it's my last chance to use my student pass before it expires on 31st Dec. The stadium turnout was good. I especially admire the Vietnamese and I also saw the ugly side of Singaporeans. Despite their very small number of supporters relative to the Singapore crowd, they cheered louder with more spirit and you could feel the patrotism (how to spell?) in them. At times, I was thinking that I would be so proud to be a Vietnamese cheering with them.

On the other hand, Singaporeans only jeered but not cheered. To me, that's very unsportsman-like and ungentlemanly. Instead of cheering louder, they jeered. Ok, I must thank Mr Maran for inflicting this thinking in me, Victorians cheer but never jeer. And during the national anthemn of Vietnam, some Singaporeans ignored and just continue sitting down. That's very irrespectful and when the Singapore anthemn is played, the Vietnamese stood in respect for us. And I think the reason why Singapore couldn't win is because the Singapore fans concentrated too much on jeering the opponents instead of cheering for the players whereas the Vietnam fans made themselves heard despite been the small minority.

And it's obvious that Singapore strikers panicked when they in front of goal. Vietnam's one and only chance came with very swift movement and of course very nice to watch whereas Singapore relied on crosses which lacks someone like John Terry to provide the finishing touch. Oh and the place we sat was surrounded by malays (not being racist) who were eating gua zi, and they just throw the shells on the floor like nobody's business. How cool.

On my way back on bus 7, I saw a bar called 'Little Vietnam'. How ironic hur, I guess the Vietnamese can go there and celebrate their win=)


mY FlyINg WoRLd 12:36 PM

***

tALk iT OUt